Connection Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tgbaby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, during initial setup I successfully setup hotspot and home network. I updated the firmware and now I can’t connect to either. I tried updating WiFi firmware but that didn’t help. The weird thing is the controller is showing a WiFi connection and I’m able to connect via P4 Cloud. Any suggestions?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no need to do anything with a WiFi firmware update. Unless the FW is over 6 months old, this was an unnecessary step.

Since you are able to connect over the cloud, that means your P4 is connected to your network which is great. Now it's a matter of getting the IP address that you or your network assigned to the P4. Depending on what steps you took when you first setup the WiFi, you may have disabled the hotspot which would explain why it can no longer be detected.

Normally, you'd connect through this hotspot signal and get the P4's IP address from there. In this case, you would have to go through your router settings to view the list of all devices connected to your network. On that page you will see the P4 listed as GHLDEV along with the assigned IP.

Take this IP address and create a new connection in the app. When you are asked to enter the Host/IP, type-in the IP address and press ADD, then connect.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back