Consensus on Barkeeper's Friend?

Will Perry

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2018
Messages
80
Reaction score
106
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have to clean a bit of caked on calcium that is being quite stubborn both inside and outside of my tank. I've heard that you can use barkeeper's friend as long as you rinse thoroughly before adding water to the tank. What is the general consensus here at R2R?
 
I do not know about Barkeeper's Friend, but I have used CLR before on tanks that I am using now. Just just washed them out afterward and let them dry.

If this tank is dry, then anything should be OK as long as you clean it afterward.
 
I used it on my current tank build as it was a used frag tank, worked awesome no ill effects at all.
 
I used it on my current tank build as it was a used frag tank, worked awesome no ill effects at all.
Thanks for this! I know what I'm doing tomorrow..... Lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new