Considering a Red Sea 350

Vinnie1959

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like some advice on lights and a skimmer. Moving up from a Biocube 32 using my rock to seed the rest I need. Will get new sand. Will probably have more questions as this moves forward slowly due to work. Already got my return pump, heater, RODI and salt, and inkbird controller. Need to get powerheads, UV, and still deciding on what else. Again in no hurry tank will come in another month probably. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like some advice on lights and a skimmer. Moving up from a Biocube 32 using my rock to seed the rest I need. Will get new sand. Will probably have more questions as this moves forward slowly due to work. Already got my return pump, heater, RODI and salt, and inkbird controller. Need to get powerheads, UV, and still deciding on what else. Again in no hurry tank will come in another month probably. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
I have the XL300 model. I went with all Ecotech components because they all coordinate seamlessly on the mobius app which is great.
I use XR15 pro lights, MP40s and vectra M2 return pump.

jwaldbusser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this will now be a new build thread. Bought the tank tonight. Will be slowly putting it all together.
I have two a Xl 350 and a XL 650 . I did all Red Sea gear in the 650 and just set up the 350 two weeks ago and did all ecotech gear on it . The 650 has been great , I’m hoping the 350 will be a little better with the radions on it

Totroc3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congratulations! You will love it. I also moved up to the 350 from a BioCube. It’s the best addiction ever. Now I have the BioCube as a quarantine tank plus a Reefer 250, 350 and I just got an XL525. I can’t wait to see your build thread.
To answer your question on lights and skimmers, I use Red Sea LED 50’s on my BioCube, 90’s on my Reefer 250 and 350 and 160’s on my XL525. For skimmers I use Reef Octopus. All my tanks are mixed reefs.

OP
OP
V

Vinnie1959

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank shipped today. Gonna build it with my Grandkids so it sort of belongs to them too. Would like to find a LFS with some Live Rock to mix in but don't know how that will go. Have yet to decide on corals and starting the fish list with my wife.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank shipped today. Gonna build it with my Grandkids so it sort of belongs to them too. Would like to find a LFS with some Live Rock to mix in but don't know how that will go. Have yet to decide on corals and starting the fish list with my wife.
If you can get live rock you will Jumpstart the process for everything else. If you end up going fake rock then it's better to take it slow and leave the lights off the first 4 months before you add corals. Fish don't need lights. This will allow your tank to develop biodiversity and give you a very manageable ugly phase once the lights come on.

Congratulations on your new tank and I'm sure the grand kids will love the build process.

OP
OP
V

Vinnie1959

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well look what arrived in my garage this week!
Tank.jpg
Tank.jpg

Back