Control/Manage Pocillopora Coral Spread

  • Thread starter Thread starter LOZReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LOZReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2025
Messages
100
Reaction score
89
Location
Central
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any creative ways for controlling/managing the spread of Pocillopora "spores"? I've got it all over my tank and they're all nearing nickel size. I was thinking about just taking a wire brush or something and going to town on them in an attempt to kill them off. Anyone come up with a method with good success?
 
I personally don’t but I think some try to cover undesirable corals in kalk paste or something to that effect.
 
I know this is an old topic, but one of my tanks is covered in it. It's covering rocks, it's covering the weir/overflow. I'm well past the point of being able to get this back in check by hand and I'm starting to think maybe I should look into some non-reef safe livestock that can maybe get this under control. My ricordias are starting to become a problem as well.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new