Controller for 'black box' dimmable LEDs?

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi... I've done a lot of poking around on the interwebs and can't find anything. Is there a timer/controller on the market (or some other solution) that can progressively dim blackbox leds (mine is the 165 W Phlizon) before shutting down?

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say I read something somewhere that you can diy something..so I think there's hope. Just can't remember where I saw it. It may have been @CodyBot saying something but not sure. Sorry for tagging you Cody if it wasn't.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I want to say I read something somewhere that you can diy something..so I think there's hope. Just can't remember where I saw it. It may have been @CodyBot saying something but not sure. Sorry for tagging you Cody if it wasn't.
I had mentioned it to you but never followed through. The first step would be to figure out the mA and forward voltage of the drivers, then the rest isn't too hard. This is all assuming you'd like to take the LEDs down to a true 1-10%. The drivers work with a PMW signal so any PMW controller should work with them. Back in the day we used to use Typhoon Arduino controllers for our DIY LEDs before they were sold commercially.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back