Controller recommendations?

benha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to buy a basic controller that tells me the most essential information in my reef tank that updates on my phone. I have AI lighting that already has WIFI controls and am planning to buy maxspect gyre that already has external controls. Does anyone have any recommendations on a budget friendly controller that excludes superfluous controls?

Thanks!

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel other controllers in this hobby are playing catch up on apex another reason I recommend it is the amount of knowledge that it’s already documented online for them if you run into a problem most likely someone else did and so many people are using it you might also get faster response from the community if you have a unique issue

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am NOT one of those apex fan boys that has orange underwear and every module known to man. BUT, the apex is a very very very nice controller. Arguably the best out right now.

you can do ANYTHING you want with the 2016, and a break out box.

the break out box enables DIY Ato, leak detection, lights, basically lots of stuff. I would buy the avast marine breakout box. same price and function, superior design.

good luck

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back