Controlling GSP

samba_dad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know now I should have put my green star polyp on a rock in the middle of the sandbed - but I didn't. It is starting to grow over my mushroom corals and onto other rocks. It will take over my tank soon. Is my only solution to remove my rocks and soak them in vinegar?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How much space has it taken?

Can you remove just the rocks that it is on?
Can you get your finger or blade underneath the coral matting and pry it up?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know now I should have put my green star polyp on a rock in the middle of the sandbed - but I didn't. It is starting to grow over my mushroom corals and onto other rocks. It will take over my tank soon. Is my only solution to remove my rocks and soak them in vinegar?

No way! It's usually pretty easy to just peel it up. I know we will give store credit for corals our customers bring in the the LFS I work at. Maybe you can do that at a store near you. Just peel it up off the rocks. If you can't do that, then take the whole rock to the LFS and get the credit and use it to buy a new rock to replace it.

OP
OP
samba_dad

samba_dad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. I will try to pry off the GSP and try to glue it to my back wall. However, I am pretty sure I can't get it all that way. I guess I will try to remove what I can from adjacent rocks and then remove and sell the rock. Thanks!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 74 41.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back