controlling tunze wavemakers

hiluxhobbit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, was looking into wavemakers and was thinking about switching to tunze. is there a way to control the wavemakers to go into feeding mode at a set time. tried looking for info but to no avail.

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nvm saw a picture on your profile. TUNZE are in my experience the loudest wave pumps I’ve had. Their pulsing makes so much noticeable glass vibration.
Go with HYGGER if you have a budget. Couple big ones and small one could really make some insane flow patterns all across the tank. And has those feeding setting auto for 10min

Last edited:
OP
OP
hiluxhobbit

hiluxhobbit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nvm saw a picture on your profile. TUNZE are in my experience the loudest wave pumps I’ve had. Their pulsing makes so much noticeable glass vibration.
Go with HYGGER if you have a budget. Couple big ones and small one could really make some insane flow patterns all across the tank. And has those feeding setting auto for 10min
what i meant is if there is something like ecotech, where they have the app mobius to control it

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can hook them to Apex, but I have never done this - no Apex. They also have a controller that controls up to 4 smaller pumps.

I just hit the red button on my 2 pumps. I don't care to buy and figure out another piece of equipment when hitting 2 buttons is no issue at all - especially an app when more people complain about them than don't. The buttons work 100% of the time and do not have version, wifi, etc. issues.

If you have any Tunze questions, post on their forum here. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has better customer service including fixing things for cheap and not just offering 10% deals.

OP
OP
hiluxhobbit

hiluxhobbit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can hook them to Apex, but I have never done this - no Apex. They also have a controller that controls up to 4 smaller pumps.

I just hit the red button on my 2 pumps. I don't care to buy and figure out another piece of equipment when hitting 2 buttons is no issue at all - especially an app when more people complain about them than don't. The buttons work 100% of the time and do not have version, wifi, etc. issues.

If you have any Tunze questions, post on their forum here. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has better customer service including fixing things for cheap and not just offering 10% deals.

got a link to their forum?

the reason i am asking is because i am going on vacation and need to automate my feed mode while i am away.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back