Convert wet dry tray to sock holders

  • Thread starter Thread starter cabj1970
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cabj1970

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
169
Reaction score
29
Location
South Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a wet dry that use a tray holder that has a pad. Does anyone know if they is a tray that I can fit sock holders. This issue I have in the wet dray has a separate compartment which has plumbing that over flow to the tray.

 
You could grab a piece of acrylic from Lowe’s or hd and cut sock holes if you eat water flood the tray first. If you run the drain lines into the socks you could just make one out of egg crate.
 
Nice concept.... would I have to put a lip around on al sides so I don’t get a waterfall over the sides
 
Nice concept.... would I have to put a lip around on al sides so I don’t get a waterfall over the sides
Likely. You'd have to tune it. I'm sure if your drain gp/h was under the sides already in there you'd be ok. If you just let the drain tubes drop into the socks it should be a non-issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new