Converted to T5.....need acclimation suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter miggs76
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

miggs76

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2013
Messages
264
Reaction score
29
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 24 inch 8 bulb dimmable ATI t5 fixture installed today on my 60 gallon 2 foot cube. I was running an ecotech radion pro before. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to acclimate my corals. I can dim it down as low as 10 percent (and yes, I did the 50 hour burn-in time before I installed it). Thanks in advance!
 
No need to, if your going from LED to T5, run em normal time.
LEDs tend to burn up the corals when switching, but not Halides or T5s
 
Nope. Not going from LED to T5. LED are more intense than T5, if anything, you'd be able to increase your time in a about a week.
 
Just curious, why did you go from LEDs to t5s? I'm running a kessil now, (my first time using leds), and I'm not sure how I feel about them.
 
I had a cheaper led system on my 75 when I first started. Coral growl was little to none and corals weren't extending out much. Colors were ok. Since I threw out the LEDS and went to t5s. Home made system, not even name brand. My corals have grown like crazy and colors have never been better. Plus I love the fact that if a bulb burns out I can just replace it instead of a diode burning out and having to buy a whole new panel.
 
T5s all the way. I have had a few led set ups ans the color with the blues is great but the over all spectrum is a bit weird in my eyes. The amount of color combos you can get with t5s is limitless not including the beautiful color growth you get under t5s. Under led most acros or many types of sps change to a duller color. I've even notices this with some lps and zoas. I run and 8 bulb over my 75 now with great results.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new