Convincing a clown to move into an anemone...

HotManwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may have found a good way to convince my clown to make a home in the anemone. It's foolproof!

22dYdpe.jpg

Oh wait... I forgot fish can't read! Back to the drawing board!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe if you turn the sign around so it can be seen from inside the tank? ;Cat

Seriously though, the clown will figure it out (or she won’t).

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol
Find clowns have a spot in the tank they stay in. Put the men there and it happens

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of clown do you have? Sometimes it can take years and sometimes never. I wouldn't force it to prevent unneeded stress.

OP
OP
H

HotManwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of clown do you have? Sometimes it can take years and sometimes never. I wouldn't force it to prevent unneeded stress.
It's either an occelaris or a true percula. I'm leaning towards true perc.

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tape a picture of a clown in an anemone near the nem. Worked for me.

disclosure: if you search this forum you might find a thread where I got into an argument of whether or not that actually works. Here’s the thing, it is probably the least-invasive option next to doing nothing that you could ever do to your tank. If it doesn’t work, there is literally no harm that could possibly come from it. And if it works, problem solved. Zero risk, high possible reward.

fishMAYOnnaise04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eliminate the clowns choices and send it into defense mode.

I realize @Zack K said try not to stress the clown out...no doubt but just something that worked for me.

I did a HUGE water chang via some solid targeted syphoning'..removed all LR and rinsed it all off with tank water. When I started putting rocks back in (none of which housed SPS or LPS) the one that housed the anemone went in first. The anemone rock was the only place to hide pretty much while I did some touch up syphoning. Thats where she stayed even when I moved the rock half way up the tank into the rock structure. It has been weeks and instead of being on one side of the tank at my frag racks, hovering over hammer corals, she is with her 'nem-mo-nee!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried the tube approach. If you go onto youtube their should be a video about how to do it.

Last edited:

BornHandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tape a picture of a clown in an anemone near the nem. Worked for me.

disclosure: if you search this forum you might find a thread where I got into an argument of whether or not that actually works. Here’s the thing, it is probably the least-invasive option next to doing nothing that you could ever do to your tank. If it doesn’t work, there is literally no harm that could possibly come from it. And if it works, problem solved. Zero risk, high possible reward.
I held my phone to the tank with a video of clowns in an anemone. They "fought" with the other clowns in the video for about 20 minutes, and were in the anemone the next day. This was after a couple of months of ignoring it.

OP
OP
H

HotManwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the photo with it and it took no notice whatsoever. That tube method actually looks pretty promising though! Actually most of these ideas sound pretty good!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back