Cooking SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clayton7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Clayton7

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
34
Location
San Antonio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does the term "cooking" mean in the SPS world? Growing? Increasing light intensity which gives better color? Been dabbling in the SPS world for a few months now and do not quite understand the slang. Thanks!
 
As long as the acro your "cooking" is fine with strong light it will respond in positive ways. Cooking them depending on the coral will cause it to color up with possible color variations and grow faster but if its way to much light and or a coral that doesn't grow in high lights naturally you can easily cause burnt tips or worse rtn.
 
As long as the acro your "cooking" is fine with strong light it will respond in positive ways. Cooking them depending on the coral will cause it to color up with possible color variations and grow faster but if its way to much light and or a coral that doesn't grow in high lights naturally you can easily cause burnt tips or worse rtn.
I see the correlation. At this point, I just want them to thrive.. In the future I will kick it up a notch, but I just had been seeing the term "cooking" being associated with some sweet acros and I had to ask. I have been out of touch for a while(purple hornets were the rage), heck even these newfangled LEDs are Latin to me. My last system, I ran as berlin style with lps and softies. SPS scared the tar out of me so I never tried.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new