Cool acro with black polyps

  • Thread starter Thread starter ValorG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ValorG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
304
Reaction score
4
Location
Valley Stream, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grew this acro from a frag pack from ASD. Polyps at the tips are green then get darker as they go towards the base. Look almost black. What do you guys think?

15mmfm0.jpg

qp5d1u.jpg

15fj8dw.jpg
 
I think they simply appear black as they have little reflectance in the 455nm range...
 
Cool! I always wish there was such thing as a black acro with white polyps.
 
I think.............................. that I need a frag :bigsmile:
 
Looks a lot like ORA Pearlberry. Very nice
 
Looks similar my Upscales Microcladas-those DEEP purple to nearly black polyps are the stickiest IMO

Very nice piece you have there
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new