Cool little hitch hikers!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddenora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddenora

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2011
Messages
161
Reaction score
43
Location
Colonia, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found 3 acro crabs in a frag i got from a friend, little guys are awesome never seen 3 on one piece like that before! You can only see the one in this picture the other 2 are extremely tiny lol
IMG_1168.jpg
 
I've always wanted to go to my LFS and have them scoop out all of their acro crabs and sell me them :D
 
they're seriously cool idk how on earth anyone would get them out of an acre without destroying it tho they're seriously in this frags
 
I have always really really liked Acropora Crabs and I never had an issue with them. Cute and cool little bandits. Mine used to move to other pieces and then return to their original coral, I have had them in Pocillopora as well.

They do however need a live acropora to live long term.
 
they're seriously cool idk how on earth anyone would get them out of an acre without destroying it tho they're seriously in this frags
Idk I've done it, maybe just dip the acro, they'll fly out, and remove it before it dies?
 
they're seriously cool idk how on earth anyone would get them out of an acre without destroying it tho they're seriously in this frags

I know... I buy some larger colonies from a local wholesaler and they aways have bandits. I feel awful dipping them, but I can't get the little buggers out :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new