Cool new paly's

Miguelito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, haven't been on in awhile. Have you guys seen these orange with blue skirt and blue speckles? A friend of mine grew it out from one paly. Took him forever just to get two, and in a couple years he got two small colonies (I bought them both when he took his tank down). The orange was more pronounced for him, I put one right under the 400W Aquaconnects and the skirts look awesome! The orange isn't quite as bright, kind of a rusty orange. The blue is much more pronounced and kind of looks like a frosted blue. Still really cool. Whatcha think?

IMG_6698.jpg

IMG_6700.jpg

Here are a few pix of his - they REALLY change depending on the light.

120-1-05-ll.jpg

bluespeckel.jpg

Those were in the middle of his tank and this was at the bottom of his tank, which is what the colony at the bottom of my tank looks like also. I think I'll keep the one up really high and see what happens, and move the lower colony to the middle to get the brigher orange and blue

bluespeckel1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Miguelito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I'll update the thread while I move them around. I'm going to move a few to a lower light tank and see what they do. They're purty in person. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back