Copapods and refugiums

Hilltopreef90

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
199
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a diy chaeto refugium in my sump, I’m trying to grow chaeto in a basket with some rubble rock on the bottom and the chaeto on top, my tank is currently in a fallow period and it’ll be awhile before I’ll begin adding fish again I want to add copapods to the refugium but I’m wondering if I should wait until there’s fish in my tank or if starting it now is ok ?
 
Perfectly fine to start adding now. You may also want to look into dosing a little phyto to help boost their numbers once introduced. Best of luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new