Copepod Culture Invasion

Atroci-reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!

I came back from a vacation to notice what looks like a bunch of dragonflys swimming around in one of my tisbe cultures. They swim around in pairs like mandarins with little 'wings' on their backs.
20230814_105947.jpg

20230814_105910.jpg

I'll try to get better pictures and videos when I'm home later. Any idea what these are?

Thank you!!
 
Adult brine shrimp
That's definitely it. Thank you!!!! Not sure how they got there, and I've never seen them past the nauplier stage, but that's it. Weird-looking things, no wonder their cousins were popular pets in the 80s.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new