Copepod Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Watevadog5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Watevadog5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2015
Messages
226
Reaction score
164
Location
S.I.N.Y
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have hundreds of the little and big guys in my fuge... I'm sure I have some in my DT as well but not nearly as many. The configuration of my sump from left to right is fuge, skimmer, return which doesn't allow many pods to get into the DT. My question is... Besides fish treats are there any other benefits of having a large pod population in my DT as opposed to just in the fuge. I could easily grab tons of them at night and get them into the tank while the lights are off. Thank you guys/gals in advance...
 
Copepods are one of those things where you know they are there, they know you are there, and life goes on. They definitely are not bad but the only purpose I try to keep a healthy level of pods is for my dragonettes. I currently have 2 of them, one pink and green, the other grey and orange, and they are fat an happy :)
 
how do you see if you have copepods? I only could see amphipods in my DT that come out at night, there are a lot of them. I don't have fuge and I don't feed anything for growing copepods.

Lastly, my tank is 5 months old, would like to eventually get mandarin, it's 120 gallon with about 100 lbs live rocks and 120 lbs live sand carib sea, mixed reef. none of the fish seems eating the amphipods, I have damsels, 2 tangs and flame angel.

Thanks
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new