Copepods 101: Everything YOU Need to Know About Pods!

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
25,967
Reaction score
33,328
Location
Winter Park, FL
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
In this episode of Taras Talks we get a full crash course on copepods, what they are, where to find them, and all the great things they do for our ecosystems and home aquariums! Get a peek into the world of these tiny crustaceans and learn everything you need to know about them in the process!

Got a topic you want Taras to talk about next? Dying to know more about your favorite aquarium topics? Leave us a comment down below so we can put out the content you want to see! Be sure to like, subscribe, and hit the bell notification!

​
 
Great video. But I wish you’d be more specific and gutsy about what the average aquarist should do. We have a few (understandably) aggressive pod producers vying for our business on R2R— we all know who they are, and I don’t blame them— but many of us don’t know what to buy, how often, or who to buy from. I’d appreciate actual direct advice.
 
Great video. But I wish you’d be more specific and gutsy about what the average aquarist should do. We have a few (understandably) aggressive pod producers vying for our business on R2R— we all know who they are, and I don’t blame them— but many of us don’t know what to buy, how often, or who to buy from. I’d appreciate actual direct advice.
I agree that R2R members would benefit from guidelines based on what they plan to house in their systems and how fast they would decimate the pods, what your goals are for the reef, size of tank, how many to dose based on those things, hope much phyto to feed, how to keep a pod population growing and thriving, etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new