Copepods ?

Deshawn00

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
15
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 1790978908
Greetings everyone. Recently I’ve noticed these white almost translucent organisms in my tank? Should I be concerned or are they expected. My tank has been cycling for two weeks now and my white reef rock is now turning gray (assuming that’s the biofilm). Any tips and advice would be helpful. I’m assuming the ugly stage is approaching.
 
Last edited:
Very very likely just copepods. Beneficial, very useful, and pretty much unavoidable. Enjoy your first (visible) reef inhabitants 🙂
 
I’ve been looking at them for a while. Patience really is a virtue lol
My lack of patience got me into microscopy 😅 I started my current system with 100% dry/dead rock and 100% dry sand so in the beginning, the only way to see any life at all was by taking a really close look 😁
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new