Copepods

Love them at night they are everywhere and love the poop
 
As Salty says, you don't have to unless you have fish that specifically need them like mandys. They don't hurt anything and they do help a little but I wouldn't consider them part of the clean up crew. I do add them to my tank about once a month but I have 2 mandarins a 6 line, and a copperband. Even though everything eats frozen and blackworms they love to graze all day on the pods. My tank is just loaded with them but I restock just to keep the numbers up.
 
I hear they are the key to self sufficiency in a marine aquarium! Funny been 20 years since I have gotten back into a passion I used to be at the top of the game the Albert theil and love the advances now it's like crack again I can't get enough but have a passion for the tank taking care of its self! Watched tanked and remembered when I did the same stuff for Marine Warehouse in Tampa before it was a big deal! Now this awesome community does things back then i only dreamed of! Can't wait to read more, learn more and for tomorrow!
 
I like diversity the old school way myself. Most of that stuff will come in with chato macros and corals. But adding is not a bad thing. But not a need break the bank
 
I like diversity the old school way myself. Most of that stuff will come in with chato macros and corals. But adding is not a bad thing. But not a need break the bank

It's only money my local guy sells 500 for $30 I feel it's worth the $
 
It's only money my local guy sells 500 for $30 I feel it's worth the $
You can get on algae barn.com and get 3000 for $30 shipping is either free or really cheap and usually arrives in a couple of days
 
Wrasses LOVE pods! Mine hunt all day, flipping over small chipped off rock pieces with their snouts. They're also good to have in your sump to help with detritus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new