Copepods??

thm1121

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2021
Messages
31
Reaction score
52
Location
amarillo texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every morning there is a dust like substance on the bottom of the aquarium glass above the sand level I was told this was copepods but want to verify that is for sure what it is? I scrape them off with the mag float but the next day they are back. I seeded the tank with them before I introduced fish several weeks ago
 
Usually, you will see Copepods on the glass as little white specks and move around erratically. A video would help to identify.
 
Tiny hard crustaceans? Like tiny hard calcification specks?

Either snail eggs or tiny tube worms. Both unsightly but completely inert. If anything, a sign that the ecosystem is rockin n rolling
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 31 30.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new