Copper and nipping at LPS

tmo65

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copperband doing well in the tank and doing his thing on the aphasia. But now he is nipping at my LPS’s througout the tank. It is the only fish doing this. Can the LPS deal with this periodic nipping or do I need to get the fish out of the tank at this point? I have a t least 25 LPS, so it is not just one coral he is nipping at.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copperband doing well in the tank and doing his thing on the aphasia. But now he is nipping at my LPS’s througout the tank. It is the only fish doing this. Can the LPS deal with this periodic nipping or do I need to get the fish out of the tank at this point? I have a t least 25 LPS, so it is not just one coral he is nipping at.
Personally I would get him out. I have a Flame Angel that has nipped at some of my LPS and has damaged some of them. I should hopefully catch it this week and re-home it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Once they start, they dont stop. Its rare to see a CBB do this but it happens. Mine couldn't care less about coral - just food

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back