muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at a lfs purchasing fish and told me the fish is in system w/copper

totally get with reefs copper is no go

am surpised to hear this from lfs as i purchased a tang from same place and wasnt told water was copper

Very known and respected lfs

i usually drip acclimate, and then net fish and place in tank

never let water besides what collects on net as fish is netted to enter aquarium

this place recomends pick fish up, shake off, place in my own bucket of tank water and then pick up, shake off and place into tank

have never been this detailed before and am wondering if im making situation less than it is or what

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s common for many LFS to treat their fish-only display tanks with some level of copper because fish will constantly arrive with ich (etc.) I also first temperature acclimate by placing the bag in the tank for 10-15min and then drip acclimate for 35-45 minutes (inverts and fish).

Never had any problems doing it this way, and you’ll find that suggestions to acclimate fish are wide and varied. The way you (and I) are doing it is better, IMHO - and results in less stress and shock for the fish or inverts.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back