Copperband

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y’all I dipped my green nori in Selcon it’s been 1 hour how else can I try to make my Copperband butterfly eat it???

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey y’all I dipped my green nori in Selcon it’s been 1 hour how else can I try to make my Copperband butterfly eat it???
You want to bas\te nori, not dip it and my CBB turns its nose up at nori. Best enticers are LRS herbivore diet, Mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, blackworms, preferably live and 1/2 clam on shell - Hikari brand seems to work well with CBB

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do u feed?
I brought home a sick one from the LFS that they thought would die. I tossed it in a tank with Aiptasia and it ate them like candy. @vetteguy53081 covered the stuff I know they will eat. To get them eatting the live worms or cracked clam should do the trick. GL.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very few copperbands will eat nori and the ones that do will probably die soon as they can't really digest it. Neither could I. Copperbands are predators and need a "meat" diet. In the sea they eat worms, small shrimp and fish fry.

Any commercial fish based diet is what you should feed them. Their favorite food is live worms and small pieces of clams.
This guy was almost 10 years old here.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had never heard of a copperband eating nori until I googled it after seeing this thread. My copperband aggressively eats my diy frozen food that I feed the tank, but it took me a year of feeding him live white worms before he would start eating it. Live white worms IME is a great food source to get a picky copperband to eat, plus everyone else in the tank loves them too.

Rio1969

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my CCB for 18 days now (still in QT). She was eating at the LFS, I am feeding her frozen mysis and TDO pellets. She starts dancing when I approach the tank and can't wait for the food to hit the water.

kken6217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have successfully kept a lot of fish over the years, but was never able to get a CBB to eat and survive.

I guess if a LFS gets a very young one and he eats in the store we would have a better shot.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had a problem feeding them live black worms.
You can order them from eastern aquatics

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back