cor 15 low wattage problem

eacass02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 6 month used cor 15 on the forum. It's been running fine for a few weeks but suddenly its lost a lot of wattage. it was drawing somewhere in the 40s at 75% power but I woke up to my overflow draining empty and my sump more full. now even at 100% its only drawing 35 watts, when it should be drawing almost 60 at full power. I cleaned the impeller, it had a little bit of build up on the magnetic part that goes inside the 0 ring. the 0 ring was a little off the first time i took it apart so water was getting inside the magnet area. is that a problem? the impeller cleaned up like new but its still only drawing 35 watts at full power. Could it be a programming issue? or is something damaged? any thoughts? Thanks!

OP
OP
E

eacass02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the cor 15 doesn't have a power supply, it hooks directly into the eb832. ill try the bucket thing to see if its the same. I cant see anything clogging the plumbing though, the system has only been up about 6 months

U

User1

View Badges
To negate any code or wizards just flip the cor 15's tile (off, auto, on) to on if it isn't already. This will throw it into 100% I believe. One of my Cor 15's used for return is running at 37 watts at 60%. The other Cor 15 that is running my skimmer, at 70% is using 53 watts.

What are the RPM's showing? I was going to ask if you cleaned it but see you did. The o-ring is a pain in the rear getting it to seat properly. Usually if it isn't seated correctly when you power on the Cor it will throw on over-current error. That isn't the case here.

Here you are saying it is running lower watts than previously and water level in sump has changed. If RPMs are low I would open a ticket with Neptune real quick. They are pretty good at responding and may be able to get a power graph.

1606935069582.png

OP
OP
E

eacass02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right now its 33 watts at 1900 rpms, so similar to your return at 37 watts. but mine says 100% instead of 60

U

User1

View Badges
right now its 33 watts at 1900 rpms, so similar to your return at 37 watts. but mine says 100% instead of 60

RPMS do seem lower than what I would expect. Shoot Neptune a ticket. I don't recall if they let you add attachments but if so grab the cor 15's tile. Also grab the eb832 that it is plugged into. May be related.

If you are not sure and are comfortable with it you can let them know you gave them permission to look at your Apex / fusion. Just remember to enable it then disable once your ticket is closed.

U

User1

View Badges
I meant to ask a question. Do you by any chance run a spare eb832 or keep one offline as a standby? If so wondering if it may be worth it real quick to power it on and move the Cor 15 over to this one. Would rule out the eb832.

I understand not everyone has a spare or standby. I do which is why I was asking.

OP
OP
E

eacass02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have the one. I did switch the port it was connected to and set it up like it was new and still same low wattage. I guess ill ask apex, I dont suppose they care that I wasn't the original purchaser

OP
OP
E

eacass02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird update to the wattage problem. I guess it fixed itself. While I was at work the wattage to my cor went back up and is now 47 watts and 2300 rpms. Any guesses why it just fixed it self out of nowhere? i only thing i can think is a clog that got unclogged but I cant see how a return line could get clogged with anything. How would it get unclogged, go through the loc line? I have a phone meeting scheduled with Neptune on the 9th, maybe i'll ask them. They aren't the easiest company to get help from that's for sure.

Also can someone explain the relationship with the wattage of a pump and head pressure? The cor 15 says it pulls 60 watts at full power, but is that with no head pressure, or does that not affect the wattage? I only ask because even at 100% my cor is only drawing 47 watts, just wondering if its working correctly at full power on my return line or missing the 13 watts and that little bit more power that would come with it. Thanks for the help!

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pump will generally draw maximum power when you run it out at max flow and low head. As you reduce the flow and increase the head, the power typically decreases. What your seeing is not unusual.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing back old post... Today we had a power outage for a second and everything rebooted. My Cor 15 usually runs at a solid 25 watts. So after the power blip it was stuck at 17 watts on fusion. This showed for several hours and flow was no different ie: I didn't have to adjust valve on my Reefer 250. I flipped the Cor 15 off then back to auto in fusion and it went right back to 25 watts. I guess it was just a software glitch.

Back