COR20 ENERGY USAGE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SledHead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some help with my Apex setup. The COR 20 pumps that I have setup in the system show the wattage they are using but it is not being recorded in the energy consumption area. It appears to be only collecting the data from the power bars. The reason I noticed is I don't have anything plugged into the power bars yet. The COR 20 pump recommends not being plugged into the power bar. Is there something I am missing in the setup or do they have to be plugged into the power bar for this to work?
Thanks

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what you are referring to, but have you enabled the power monitoring?

OP
OP
S

SledHead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not have the power monitoring enabled. It was still showing a couple of watts from the bar over the course of a week. I will see if this changes now it is enabled and report back.

OP
OP
S

SledHead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The energy from the COR pumps is still not being collected in the power log. Any other thoughts?

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no other ideas, this is mine, eb8 and cor tile.

@rkpetersen

7E781ED9-C4D7-4F92-844B-72158FACC5C4.png

OP
OP
S

SledHead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume the RetPump is the COR 20? Is it plugged into the EB power bar?

I also just looked to see if I can add the power monitoring tile to my dashboard but I don't see it as an item to add?

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to scroll all the way to the right in the add tile area to find the COR 20 tile.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume the RetPump is the COR 20? Is it plugged into the EB power bar?

I also just looked to see if I can add the power monitoring tile to my dashboard but I don't see it as an item to add?
Yea, I have it plugged into the 3rd outlet labeled retpump. I also had to scroll all the way to the right of available tiles to find cor tile.

OP
OP
S

SledHead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Neptune doesn’t recommend plugging the Cor 20 pumps into the energy bars but that is the only way we can collect the energy data. So then the cor 15 pumps and wav pumps energy data doesn’t have a workaround to collect this information. Seems like something that should be possible when the data can already be displayed in the individual tiles?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef any insight here?

Basically your Fusion is only reading the power consumption via the pump itself and because it's not plugged into the power bar it's not saving that info to chart or graph right? I totally get what you're saying but unfortunately I can be of any help as I don't own an Apex. Hopefully Suncrest can help you out.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure about having to plug in the cor to a plug on the eb8 to get the energy logging, they recommend not to plug it in because they feel it waste a programmable outlet, by plugging it into a aquabus port you get the same controllability. I just showed you mine so you can see how mine is working. If it shows a graph then it is logging data.

U

User1

View Badges
The reason why Neptune recommends plugging the Cor 20 into a wall outlet or anything other than the energy bar is in case the bar resets or faults. This way the return pump is still doing its job. I have 3 Cor's. 2 x 15's which use the 1 link and 1 x 20 that is in another outlet. Works well and I'm not too concerned with the lack of power monitor.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef any insight here?

Basically your Fusion is only reading the power consumption via the pump itself and because it's not plugged into the power bar it's not saving that info to chart or graph right? I totally get what you're saying but unfortunately I can be of any help as I don't own an Apex. Hopefully Suncrest can help you out.

The energy consumption reports only include the eight 120v outputs on the EB832. It does not include DC24 outputs, 1Link ports, or any other accessories plugged into other modules. Even though the COR can show its own power usage on the COR tile, there's no programmatic way to read or report on its energy usage.

As mentioned above, you can measure the COR20 power consumption if you plug it into the EB832, but Neptune does not recommend it. There is no option on the COR15 since it doesn't have an external power brick.

Also, I wanted to point out that the "Power Monitoring" feature mentioned in one of the posts above has nothing to do with the energy consumption reporting. That checkbox is only used to help the Apex detect a power failure when used in conjunction with the 12v auxiliary power adapter. See my Apex Power Monitoring tutorial for more details on this: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials-part-4-power-monitoring.698/

OP
OP
S

SledHead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all the information. Maybe this is something that will come in future updates.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back