Coral Banded Shrimp eggs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter IanMauger
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IanMauger

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
83
Reaction score
42
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

New to the reefing community (no to fish keeping however). One of my coral banded shrimp appears have eggs. Am I correct on this? If so, I realize the larva won't survive, but it's still cool regardless. :)

IMG_3810.JPG
 
Welcome to R2R! It does look like an egg clutch. How old are they? If they turn a green color then they may be fertilized. I have 3 pairs of Peppermint shrimp that release a clutch of eggs every month. It's cool watching them trying to swim around but with my wrasses they don't last long, live food:rolleyes:
 
Welcome to R2R! It does look like an egg clutch. How old are they? If they turn a green color then they may be fertilized. I have 3 pairs of Peppermint shrimp that release a clutch of eggs every month. It's cool watching them trying to swim around but with my wrasses they don't last long, live food:rolleyes:

I've had them for about 4 months, bought them as a pair, they do seem inseparable lol
 
Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 44 32.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new