Coral Banded shrimp no limbs

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked down in the sump I just moved him to and thought he molted (I moved him because he was harassing some smaller newer fish) and I thought it was a molt until I see just the shrimps body, still alive, on the sump floor. Is this normal? Should I put him back in the DT? I can’t take pics because of the sump light being so strong but just imagine aCN shrimp with no limbs.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can regrow during a molt but never seen one loose all their limbs. What else do you have in the sump? You can see if he eats. If he does there is hope. If not it’s hammer time.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can regrow during a molt but never seen one loose all their limbs. What else do you have in the sump? You can see if he eats. If he does there is hope. If not it’s hammer time.
There is nothing in the sump besides the refugium part he is in that has a rock and some chaeto and a sand bed. It looks like he is eating the algae on the sand bed. There isn’t really anything that could cut off all limbs and it’s a pretty low flow area.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing in the sump besides the refugium part he is in that has a rock and some chaeto and a sand bed. It looks like he is eating the algae on the sand bed. There isn’t really anything that could cut off all limbs and it’s a pretty low flow area.

Do you have any of the sinking crab pellet type foods? If so I would throw one or two down there for him when you feed. From there it’s just wait and see.

OP
OP
bensoo00

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any of the sinking crab pellet type foods? If so I would throw one or two down there for him when you feed. From there it’s just wait and see.
Just dropped formula two pellet and he like waddled over and is sitting in front of it trying to eat it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back