coral beauty angelfish

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading that coral beauty angelfish start out as females and over time the larger angel will change it sex to male. figured I would try it and get a second cb since my tank is a 125 gallon with a 55 gallon sump. if it doesn't work out one will go in the sump. but hopefully it will

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one with a flame angel and they got along as juvenile but they eventually hated each other: ( but every tank is different dont be discouraged with enough places to hide and food anything is possible.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one with a flame angel and they got along as juvenile but they eventually hated each other: ( but every tank is different dont be discouraged with enough places to hide and food anything is possible.
added the second cb today. I had it in an acclimation box all night. and released it this morning the lights don't turn on till 11 am. but i waited an hour after releaseing it in the tank. and then turned on the lights manually instead of the timer. a few spots of aggression but nothing to bad.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
added the second cb today. I had it in an acclimation box all night. and released it this morning the lights don't turn on till 11 am. but i waited an hour after releaseing it in the tank. and then turned on the lights manually instead of the timer. a few spots of aggression but nothing to bad.
They are such cool fish i like when the blue on the tail come thru its like a blue light, and so many shades of black and orange surrounded by purple. I really do love those two fish they are amazing with color and the way they roam the rock work and use the whole tank to move around.

Do you think you can put up some pictures when you get them settled in that would be sweet!

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck trying to match your fish, I just took this boy out of QT, they are magnificent fish and very colorful, they are underrated IMO.
P1040239~2.JPG

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are such cool fish i like when the blue on the tail come thru its like a blue light, and so many shades of black and orange surrounded by purple. I really do love those two fish they are amazing with color and the way they roam the rock work and use the whole tank to move around.

Do you think you can put up some pictures when you get them settled in that would be sweet!
Still so far no aggression. I few scrubles but nothing major. I put the new one in a breeder box for a couple days and the first hour was hit and miss but so far so good. IMG_20211019_183831196.jpg IMG_20211019_183932187.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back