Coral Beauty compatibility issues?

maurice-io

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I introduced a coral beauty angel to my 55 gal reef display tank one week ago. Parameters are all stable and in the desired range.
However, since the introduction:
1) my wrasse has _disappeared_. No trace of her anywhere outside the tank or within sight in the tank
2) the Diamond goby and the Firefish have been spending 90% of their time under a rock.

The others are fine (clownfish, scarlet hawkfish, one-spot foxface, and Midas blenny).

Any thoughts on whether the disappearance and the hiding are a result of the introduction? The firefish's tail is clearly nibbed at, but I haven't seen any active harassment.

Any thoughts on what can be done at this point to save them?

Thanks!!

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the overflow. My wrasse jumped in there once. My coral beauty fights constantly with a clown fish. Good luck.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any pets like cats or dogs? One of my dogs loves jumpers, even escape snails.
Many times small fish can just disappear in our tanks.
I keep a coral beaty in a smaller tank and it bothers no other fish but there are always exceptions.

OP
OP
maurice-io

maurice-io

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the overflow. My wrasse jumped in there once. My coral beauty fights constantly with a clown fish. Good luck.
Thanks, nothing in the overflow unfortunately, I'll keep hoping that she's just hiding in the sand for a few days...

OP
OP
maurice-io

maurice-io

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any pets like cats or dogs? One of my dogs loves jumpers, even escape snails.
Many times small fish can just disappear in our tanks.
I keep a coral beaty in a smaller tank and it bothers no other fish but there are always exceptions.
Thanks! Appreciate the response.. no other pets so I'm guessing it's an extreme hiding situation, hopefully not too long and won't lead to starvation...

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Coral Beauty (in a 56 gallon) and although I never saw active aggression, I had a carpenter wrasse decline after the angels introduction. This particular Coral Beauty is feistier than any I have had previously and she used to challenge the tomini tang but now they actually buddy around together.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back