Coral beauty laying on bottom

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, coral beauty used to had a couple strange white spots that was on dorsal fin and side fin, but they went away and @vetteguy53081 thought it might me lymphocystis. Now throughout and still the CB swam strange like he was fighting the current in the tank super hard. But none of the other fish has a problem so I thought it might be from the condition, it would still pick pods off the wall like regular. Until yesterday and today it has been laying in this patch of anthemic in the corner which is a low flow low light spot. And he is breathing okay and looking around just not swimming. Nothing appears to be on its body just laying on the bottom. What should I do? What could it be? Tank parameters are good phosphate level is a little high at 0.5 but they ussaly are 0.15. Already dosed phosphate-e to bring it down, and I have 4 other fish in the tank and they are doing just fine. What should I do???

DC21C273-AE60-4BA1-9467-60EEE2D1CE54.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey, coral beauty used to had a couple strange white spots that was on dorsal fin and side fin, but they went away and @vetteguy53081 thought it might me lymphocystis. Now throughout and still the CB swam strange like he was fighting the current in the tank super hard. But none of the other fish has a problem so I thought it might be from the condition, it would still pick pods off the wall like regular. Until yesterday and today it has been laying in this patch of anthemic in the corner which is a low flow low light spot. And he is breathing okay and looking around just not swimming. Nothing appears to be on its body just laying on the bottom. What should I do? What could it be? Tank parameters are good phosphate level is a little high at 0.5 but they ussaly are 0.15. Already dosed phosphate-e to bring it down, and I have 4 other fish in the tank and they are doing just fine. What should I do???

DC21C273-AE60-4BA1-9467-60EEE2D1CE54.jpeg
pic quite fuzzy to clearly see fish but laying down is not a good sign as fish may be moribund and will not be able to eat or swim normally but a clear video of at least 20 seconds will help determine that.
Causes are stress, internal issue, aggression and even injury In which the fins and tail clearly show aggression damage and nipping, somethingf clowns often do.
What other fish are in the tank with it?
Phosphate not the issue

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pic quite fuzzy to clearly see fish but laying down is not a good sign as fish may be moribund and will not be able to eat or swim normally but a clear video of at least 20 seconds will help determine that.
Causes are stress, internal issue, aggression and even injury In which the fins and tail clearly show aggression damage and nipping, somethingf clowns often do.
What other fish are in the tank with it?
Phosphate not the issue
I have 2 clowns that are paired but not aggressive that I have seen, and a melanarus wrasse, and a yellow watchmen goby.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got it to swim but it doesn’t look how it usually does, usually it’s like struggling to swim, and it isn’t swimming at all to catch a clip of it.

Attachments

• IMG_2921.MOV
    31.8 MB

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well I got it to swim but it doesn’t look how it usually does, usually it’s like struggling to swim, and it isn’t swimming at all to catch a clip of it.
Eye looks infected an either from ammonia burn or injury. The sudden darts in swimming suggest possible flukes. Prazi is safe to use IF its flukes

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eye looks infected an either from ammonia burn or injury. The sudden darts in swimming suggest possible flukes. Prazi is safe to use IF its flukes
Gotcha, assuming it had it from LFS or beyond, only cuz I test religiously twice a week and haven't had any ammonia in a long time... Is Prazi not good to use if it doesn't have flukes? How do I know for sure? It only ate pods off the wall before and isn't to fat so want it to get up and healthy very soon or I worry for its life.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Gotcha, assuming it had it from LFS or beyond, only cuz I test religiously twice a week and haven't had any ammonia in a long time... Is Prazi not good to use if it doesn't have flukes? How do I know for sure? It only ate pods off the wall before and isn't to fat so want it to get up and healthy very soon or I worry for its life.
It needs more than pods and prazi can be used although I do not recommend med use unless required

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What do you recommend for it with what you have been presented? What course of action do you think?
You can add airstone for added oxygen and even take a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings and confirm your readings are in safe range

Last edited:
OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not getting better, has visible torn fins now, and has a white woot on his bottom fin and under his lip. Unsure what to do and don’t know if it’s past his point… I just grabbed him with my bare hand it didn’t try to swim away or anything but is still breathing
0665DFA0-61C0-40C1-8E3A-2484D3EFF119.jpeg
4AEFDFC4-2D3A-4F0B-9566-4A62F13EDABA.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back