Coral beauty

Fishlover56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya
My LFS has got the perfect size coral beautyit has been isolated in the fish store for the time. my 40 gallon is 3 to 4 weeks from it completing the cycle If all goes well. Would a coral beauty be fine with a clownfish in a 15 gallon for the next 3 to 4 weeks i have plenty of algae For it to gaze on. Also the only coral in the tank is gsp
Many thanks

Surf985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice would probably tell you to quarentine the fish during that span anyhow - likely in a similar sized tank, maybe with some form of medication like prazipro or methylene blue. I know you mentioned isolation, but I still treat every fish like its diseased. My success rate got a lot better after starting that practice!

As far as size and a main display tank goes, short term holding in a 15 shouldn't be a problem as long as the fish eats and has room to move. That's more space than most store holding tanks, so a few weeks should be ok. I kept one in a 20 while my 75 was set up and it did ok.

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I quarantine everything in a 20 gallon long and don’t fill it all the way. The coral beauty I had didn’t mind at all sharing the tank with a pair of Clarkii clownfish and a valentini puffer for several weeks.

OP
OP
F

Fishlover56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks my clown only stays in a quarter if the tank so there is plenty of room do they dont bump into each other thanks

ichthyoid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice would probably tell you to quarentine the fish during that span anyhow - likely in a similar sized tank, maybe with some form of medication like prazipro or methylene blue. I know you mentioned isolation, but I still treat every fish like its diseased. My success rate got a lot better after starting that practice!

As far as size and a main display tank goes, short term holding in a 15 shouldn't be a problem as long as the fish eats and has room to move. That's more space than most store holding tanks, so a few weeks should be ok. I kept one in a 20 while my 75 was set up and it did ok.

Great advice!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back