Coral cave closing

Redleg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really going to miss them. Jerry and Tina have been my second favorite place for information. Their store is what brought me into this hobby.

BigGimp77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been there a few times and the gentleman who ran it was really nice to my wife and kids. We were just there a few weeks ago and he was really sweet to my children. Unfortunately I sent a FB message to them asking if they had an inventory list or pics whats left for their closing day tomorrow. I told them I'd def stop up tomorrow if there was something I knew I could buy. This was their response:

'Please don’t
1f61c.png

It’s worked out well all week with out taking us less photos for useless people'

Interesting way to treat a customer I must say. I wonder why they are going out of business:confused:

coral cave.JPG

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where I'm going to shop for corals now, just getting ready to set up the new tank

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been there a few times and the gentleman who ran it was really nice to my wife and kids. We were just there a few weeks ago and he was really sweet to my children. Unfortunately I sent a FB message to them asking if they had an inventory list or pics whats left for their closing day tomorrow. I told them I'd def stop up tomorrow if there was something I knew I could buy. This was their response:

'Please don’t
1f61c.png

It’s worked out well all week with out taking us less photos for useless people'

Interesting way to treat a customer I must say. I wonder why they are going out of business:confused:

coral cave.JPG

I’m sure they are stressed but definitely not a great way to respond. I do think it was a little strange for you to tell them you were going to be there at around 2. Then you asked for pictures and your following message was that you would have came if they sent you pictures.

BigGimp77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure they are stressed but definitely not a great way to respond. I do think it was a little strange for you to tell them you were going to be there at around 2. Then you asked for pictures and your following message was that you would have came if they sent you pictures.
The 'be there around 2' is from earlier in January when I asked him a question on FB and we went up to Mercer to visit the store. You can see the timestamp for Jan 5th. I just took a screenshot of the whole chat window I didnt cut out our previous convo. Sorry for the confusion. He was really nice that day when we were up there. He took a brittle star out of the tank and was showing the kids. They loved it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back