0   0   0
Morning...

IMG_06941.jpg

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up. I cant really see the overall structure and shapes of the live rock you decided on, but you might need some kind of overhang or ledge for any skittish fish to hide under. If there are no suitable hiding spots, the fish might decide to jump.

OP
OP
Coral City

Coral City

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up. I cant really see the overall structure and shapes of the live rock you decided on, but you might need some kind of overhang or ledge for any skittish fish to hide under. If there are no suitable hiding spots, the fish might decide to jump.
Thank you! Yeah, I did consider that. I am getting a Clearview Lid designed and built as we speak. However, I did create a nice size cave in the center rock for my Wrasse and it took right to it as soon as I introduced it to the tank. And also, I'm hoping that when all of the Coral (sticks) that I put in the tank will eventually grow out and create a canopy type forest. That's the plan. Also, the path ways in between the rocks provide great shelter so far. And they really utilize it's design! That's what I was hoping for as well.

Last edited:

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Yeah, I did consider that. I am getting a Clearview Lid designed and built as we speak. However, I did create a nice size cave in the center rock for my Wrasse and it took right to it as soon as I introduced it to the tank. And also, I'm hoping that when all of the Coral (sticks) that I put in the tank will eventually grow out and create a canopy type forest. That's the plan. Also, the path ways in between the rocks provide great shelter so far. And they really utilize it's design! That's what I was hoping for as well.
Sounds like you got a solid plan. Will be interested in seeing it in a few years with these canopies... GOOD LUCK!!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back