Coral Color C(Iron) Bad Batch???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Red Sea,
I've been using your Coral Colors product for about 6 months. I've been very please so far except for my last order of your product. I ordered two coral color C (Iron) and when I opened the first bottle after shaking it there was a bunch of floating algae looking substance at the surface. I closed the bottle and shook again for at least a solid min. I opened it up and again there was the algae like substance. The attached picture was after shaking the fist bottle for at least 3-4 minutes. I then poured a little into my beaker and noticed the color of the liquid was not like the previous bottles (that I got done useing the day before). The color has more of a green tint to it and not the orange/red like the other bottles I've had. I opened the second bottle and it is exactly like the first one. Even after shaking for a long long time the string like algae substance is floating on the top. It's dense enough I can pull it out with a pair of tweezers. I'm afraid of using this product if there is algae in the bottle. Let me know what you think and what I should do about these two bottles.

IMG_2734.PNG

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this happen to me on a bottle I bought back in January. I just emailed them directly and showed the pics and they sent me a new bottle. On mine it looked to be cross threaded letting it spoil I guess.

IMG_1990.JPG
IMG_1986.JPG

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got ahold of Red Sea and they are replacing it but I still can't believe a Red Sea rep didn't reply back to this thread. O Well

I never got an explanation as to what it may be in the bottle.

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in tech support for a major company in Silicon Valley. There are so many forums and Facebook pages dealing with our products that it's almost impossible to try to keep track of them. Additionally, NO manufacturer wants to air their dirty laundry on a public forum. Neither do they want to publically embarrass a consumer when the issue was caused by user error.
This is why most companies offer customer support on their own website. Their support system allows for direct responses to consumers in a more efficient manner.
As for what may be in your bottle, they may have an idea, or they may not. If you are not sending the old bottle back to them, they may never know for sure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back