Coral dip or no?

Ap 15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
VANCOVER
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help! I have a coral shipment coming in and I don’t know to dip or don’t? I have seen the wwc does not dip it after getting the package cause they have been shipped but other say is is very important. I have 2 corals already that did not get dipped and fine so far, I have seen on a yt vid that my first reef that they dipped there coral and after 3 days it died that’s what I am afraid of! Pls answer asap

Thanks
 
Always dip. You are asking for parasites if you don’t. Never heard of skipping dip due to shipping stress. Maybe if you have a quarantine tank for them you could wait a couple days before dipping, but skipping it altogether is a bad idea. I dip on arrival and never killed anything (other than the bugs that almost always fall off).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new