Coral Growing Contest

December update. Gonna include 2 angles to get the full scope of progress.
20211204_165034.jpg
20211204_164939.jpg
March update:

Phosphate: 0.09
Nitrate: 40
Alkalinity: 10
Salinity: 1.024

20220305_183728.jpg

20220305_183515.jpg
 
Well, i lose. Mine started turning white from the bottom and continued up each branch. I had to frag it up into 5 different pieces. The one trial piece i did a couple days ago looks good. So i am hoping the other 4 pieces I fragged this morning will also live. This hobby is tough. Just when you think you have everything under control, a coral just starts doing badly.
 

Attachments

  • 16474425249422012631515625669506.jpg
    16474425249422012631515625669506.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 53
Well, i lose. Mine started turning white from the bottom and continued up each branch. I had to frag it up into 5 different pieces. The one trial piece i did a couple days ago looks good. So i am hoping the other 4 pieces I fragged this morning will also live. This hobby is tough. Just when you think you have everything under control, a coral just starts doing badly.
Sorry to hear that! It sucks, no matter how long you've been in the hobby.
 
Lets get our final April photos in by the 4th so we can vote for a few days before the swap. Remember to try and post a picture of the original frag and the final photo together in one post to make voting easier.
 
Pics aren't great but here's mine.

20220515_170823.jpg
20220515_173854.jpg
Looking good!

Be interesting to see how long it takes mine to transition from it's current green to more teal like yours. I am just now starting to see a touch of purple in the new growth tips. The polyps aren't quite as brown anymore either, more blueish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new