Coral help what is it!?

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5D4377C2-1F11-41F8-8038-A0C65851C6BB.png
hey guys i got myself my first coral today i thought I’d give it a try the guy at my lfs recommended me to try this coral it was cheap decent sized and looked really cool just have no idea what it’s called I’m pretty sure it’s from the leather family can y’all help me out

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5D4377C2-1F11-41F8-8038-A0C65851C6BB.png
hey guys i got myself my first coral today i thought I’d give it a try the guy at my lfs recommended me to try this coral it was cheap decent sized and looked really cool just have no idea what it’s called I’m pretty sure it’s from the leather family can y’all help me out
Looks like a toadstool leather coral . Congrats!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah guess it looks like that pretty excited trying to find out what it requires light wise and food and stuff i got some liquid plankton

Most leathers, if not all, need very little to no supplement feeding. They get most of their food from the water collum and light. They are very easy to keep.

Word of advice, research any and all corals, fish and inverts before purchasing to know in advance their requirements.

Toadstool are a very cool coral. I have one in my system. Side note: clowns sometimes host them. Happened before with mine. Very cool to see.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most leathers, if not all, need very little to no supplement feeding. They get most of their food from the water collum and light. They are very easy to keep.

Word of advice, research any and all corals, fish and inverts before purchasing to know in advance their requirements.

Toadstool are a very cool coral. I have one in my system. Side note: clowns sometimes host them. Happened before with mine. Very cool to see.
Yah i know i do thag always just couldn’t resist these look Awesome i have a orbit light think it should be good enough

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah i know i do thag always just couldn’t resist these look Awesome i have a orbit light think it should be good enough

That light would be fine for softies. LPS and SPS, no. A upgrade in lighting would be needed.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
99.5% of the people that have tried the Orbit Marine lights and an anemone fail. Would definitely need a lighting upgrade IMO unless you're rocking like the $800 ones and even then you may need two of them. They're fine for general softies though and your clowns will find something to use as a host regardless.

Back