Coral Hitchhiker?

  • Thread starter Thread starter psott
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

psott

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2021
Messages
49
Reaction score
19
Location
GTA
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed this on some live rock, any idea what it is>? Kind of looks like a white sun coral. Seems to close up almost completely at night.

coral.jpg
 
That is a very interesting piece. Looks completely bleached. Can you feed it anything? Phyto, mysis?
 
I'm thinking a bleached clove polyp of some sort?
 
Actually, it looks like very tiny fragments of a lobophytum leather. What you see are the extended polyps, and that beige color is the natural look.

Here's a close-up of mine:
1632265699570.png
 
I'll try to feed some reefroids tomorrow, its all closed up for the night. Not a great shot with the low light.
night.jpg
 
So I feed some reef roids, seem to take it abit but I did make it wayyy too runny trying to only make a small batch. I'll try to remember to update in a few weeks when/if its bigger.

fed.jpg
 
Well it seems to be growing and I think there is some sort of other leather growing in right behind it.


new.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new