Coral ID’s

  • Thread starter Thread starter TylerJaid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TylerJaid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2024
Messages
192
Reaction score
90
Location
williston
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone today I got in a bunch of corals when I only ordered two from brs, somehow the computer glitched and I never got the corals I ordered so I got ahold of eye catching corals and they sent me the two I paid for and FOUR extras for free! I was happy with customer service as they were very fast to respond plus they sent me free corals! Anyways they did not label the four free corals but I know the one is a Kenya tree would just like help with the other three!
20260721_140342_202809D0-6A50-49C7-80F4-67223595A3E0.png

I think the back is waving hand anthelia? The front one I have zero idea and I know it’s sucked in I just put it in there but still though someone may know!
20260721_140455_3981F55E-08DD-4E06-8891-A774C4E25493.png

I believe this is cespitularia but not sure! Thanks everyone!
 
You're totally right about the anthelia! The other one could be cespitularia, or xenia. I can't quite tell when it's flopped-over like that, but if it starts pulsing you'll know!

I've had anthelia take over two tanks before. You may want to keep it away from your main rockwork. It has a harder time spreading when there's a sand barrier.

Nice pickups! I'm glad your story had a happy ending.
 
You're totally right about the anthelia! The other one could be cespitularia, or xenia. I can't quite tell when it's flopped-over like that, but if it starts pulsing you'll know!

I've had anthelia take over two tanks before. You may want to keep it away from your main rockwork. It has a harder time spreading when there's a sand barrier.

Nice pickups! I'm glad your story had a happy ending.
I had anthelia one other time it was a little different than this one but it took over as well on my main rock, I’m gonna put this one on an island also 😂 if that is Xenia it might end up with my chaeto in the fuge as it’ll still be able to view it easily cuz my fuge is open. Any idea on that smaller one in front of anthelia??

And yes very pleased with ecc and it wasn’t even there fault! Great customer service!
 
Any idea on that smaller one in front of anthelia??

Honestly, I wouldn't hazard a guess until it opens up more. It's so shrunken at the moment that all I can say is it's a softie. It could be something like a Kenya tree, or like a xenia. ID should be much easier in a couple of days!
 
Any idea on that smaller one in front of anthelia??

Honestly, I wouldn't hazard a guess until it opens up more. It's so shrunken at the moment that all I can say is it's a softie. It could be something like a Kenya tree, or like a xenia. ID should be much easier in a couple of days!
I will post a pic when it opens up if I still can’t figure it out!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new