Coral ID, acropora I think?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
4,530
Reaction score
4,817
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, just wondering if anyone can help me ID this coral? Pretty sure it’s an acropora, but specific species I don’t know? nor do I know if it’s even possible to tell ha ha
IMG_0425.jpeg
 
Acro of some sort; it's usually difficult to ID captive corals to the species level, as captivity deforms their growth.
 
Hey, just wondering if anyone can help me ID this coral? Pretty sure it’s an acropora, but specific species I don’t know? nor do I know if it’s even possible to tell ha ha
IMG_0425.jpeg
It's nice looking
 
It's nice looking
Thanks, I had a few pieces but they didn't survive when I moved the tank. When I got it from the LFS it was mostly red and green, it was weird, but cool, when it developed some blues. Anyway, sounds it's some kinda acro and that will have to do haha.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new