Coral ID and fragging

NewFishMom101

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2022
Messages
43
Reaction score
11
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired this coral (a couple moths ago) on and eBay auction it was described as rose favia. After looking at favia photos, I’m not sure if that’s accurate. Wanted an opinion.
And also wondered if there was a way to separate a portion to share with my sister without damaging the coral.
I’ve only fragged zoas up to this point.

IMG_1500.jpeg
 
Favia seems likely, (although technically they reclassified the Pacific corals into a new group).

Put a tile next to the frag and when the coral grows over it and is established on the tile snap it out and give it to your sister. Make her wait while the coral gets established, it will work out best your you, her, and it.
College Sports Sport GIF by LSU Tigers
:cool:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new