Coral ID - blue with small polyps

TokioSuperGrip

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2024
Messages
141
Reaction score
63
Location
usa
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what this is? Care tips?

IMG_4793.jpeg
 
Encrusting montipora, a hard skeleton coral that can grow very quickly. Not trying to be demeaning but in the future I’d recommend getting corals that you know what they are so you can determine whether your aquarium is suitable for a certain species.
 
Encrusting montipora, a hard skeleton coral that can grow very quickly. Not trying to be demeaning but in the future I’d recommend getting corals that you know what they are so you can determine whether your aquarium is suitable for a certain species.
Yes, fair. I lean on my LFS and just forgot the name.

It seems emerald crabs like it as a snack
 
Yes, fair. I lean on my LFS and just forgot the name.

It seems emerald crabs like it as a snack
Emerald crabs are a hit or miss. I had a an emerald for over a year that was a model citizen until randomly decided to go to town on my favorite acropora. Just be aware that it can happen, but once that montipora takes off you probably won’t even notice if the crab is even eating it, it grows so fast.
 
Would y
Emerald crabs are a hit or miss. I had a an emerald for over a year that was a model citizen until randomly decided to go to town on my favorite acropora. Just be aware that it can happen, but once that montipora takes off you probably won’t even notice if the crab is even eating it, it grows so fast.
Would you recommend high light , high flow?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new