Coral ID help

  • Thread starter Thread starter mmodo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mmodo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2025
Messages
89
Reaction score
81
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I grabbed some corals in a pack and there are a few that I need help identifying. I suspect that most are SPS with maybe an LPS or two in here. I think one is a Cyphastrea.

928a7008-9880-4bb6-a4cb-49a9879f76a4.jpg
2b6604bd-4b25-44a7-b54b-42a60127ba44.jpg
4db1fd83-9b02-4f18-8a76-ab2cde9ad7a6.jpg
c96f510d-0217-4a06-8424-90b5dd4eef34.jpg
fbe99f40-1e57-4555-9441-59d584954cc0.jpg
 
that second to the last one looks like it can be a flavia.

That last one looks like a montipora.
 
Hello,

I grabbed some corals in a pack and there are a few that I need help identifying. I suspect that most are SPS with maybe an LPS or two in here. I think one is a Cyphastrea.

928a7008-9880-4bb6-a4cb-49a9879f76a4.jpg
2b6604bd-4b25-44a7-b54b-42a60127ba44.jpg
4db1fd83-9b02-4f18-8a76-ab2cde9ad7a6.jpg
c96f510d-0217-4a06-8424-90b5dd4eef34.jpg
fbe99f40-1e57-4555-9441-59d584954cc0.jpg
1. Leptastrea, maybe not sure though
2. cyphastrea
3. Montipora
4. "Favia" (not really a proper term anymore but still used in the hobby)
5. Porites
 
1. either Psammocora or Cycloseris wellsi
2. Cyphastrea
3. Montipora
4. Favites pentagona
5. Porites
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new