Coral ID Leptoseris? Jack O Lantern?

plantito.clyde

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Urbana
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I am super new to this hobby

I was told this was a jack o lantern coral. Is this true?

Whenever I turn on the blue lights, there is some hue of neon green that can be seen on the flesh of that frag.

Also, I've noticed that those little polyps or bumps on them are sometimes erect or they're showing. But today, all of them are retracted.

That's why I just moved this frag from the top my aquascape to the bottom of the sand bed.

Please enlighten me my gurus.

Thank you!

20240927_215958.jpg 20240927_220204.jpg
 
Possible but the pic is not clear enough.
It is struggling by the looks.
How new is the tank? Looks brand new. Probably not ready for coral yet.
Needs about 150ish par.
 
Possible but the pic is not clear enough.
It is struggling by the looks.
How new is the tank? Looks brand new. Probably not ready for coral yet.
Needs about 150ish par.
Oh okay thank you very much for the reply!

My tank is very new. A month old. I am sorry. I know I should've waited for corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new