Coral ID (mushroom/anemone)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zdeněk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zdeněk

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2020
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
CZ
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could anyone please ID this coral? It reproduces relatively quickly -> by division (similar to the anemone/Rhodactis). Responds quickly to food. It is without a hard case.
Thank you.
ID coral.jpg
 
Possible. I thought at first that it might be Rhodactis osculifera, but it has a slightly different polyp shape.
 
Look at Kenya tree coral if your talking about the green part on the left.
You're right, thank you - but I'm talking about the "coral" in the middle of the photo... purple base, green hairs.
IMG_8588.jpeg
 
Will wait for someone with more experience with anemones or mushrooms but the closest I found with picture google search is Hellfire anemone. I could be way off though.
 
looks like some sort of weird anemone. I have seen similar Rhodactis-looking anemones before.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new