Coral ID please :: soft and orange

GrouperStupor

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
186
Location
Huntsville, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These hitchhikers have been in my tank for a while. They look like Cheetos. You can see how it's spreading, but none of the colonies are getting bigger than a 1/4". Please ID for me so I find out how to properly care for them.

cheesedoodle.jpg
 
These are nearly impossible to keep alive in aquariums long term. They need a constant supply of food (phytoplankton?). I don't think people that have dedicated NPS only systems even have good luck with these.
 
yeah, as soon as I read they were expert only...I knew they were doomed.

I feed both phyto and zoo. Maybe they will hang around for a while.
 
Scleronephthya, often called Orange Cauliflower Tree Coral. Luckily easier to keep than Dendros, but still not the easiest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new