Coral ID Please

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, just will leave it away from the rest of the corals (to good distance)+ the option to can easy change the position. I't still in the stressed position, don't puff yet, I shade it to can settle and lower a bit the WF because I see it start to peel, but the WF wasn't that much at all.
That's too bad about the flesh peeling away. It is a hardy coral that likes high flow and high light. Something is not right.

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's too bad about the flesh peeling away. It is a hardy coral that likes high flow and high light. Something is not right.
I think I know what's not right :D
I got it from friend of mine, which usually buy tanks brake down (when the people can't afford the hobby or need fast cash, or just are tired from it, hebuy most of them tanks and later on resale the stock :) ), so he isn't good in one think, to acclimate the corals properly, and also to separate them. Now in his 3 coral tray tanks, hehave over 70 BTA which are stinging everything in the tanks, not sure this one it's been stunt or just isn't acclimated properly. Sometimes he just move the corals between the 3 tanks, to rearrange them, and again isn't acclimating them at all even when have 3-5 deg C temp. difference.
Will see, I lower the flow on it now, and put shade over it. Also today I try to make it puff with food :D target feeding with food for filter feeders and I add also reefroids.
I just check it now and it look a bit better, start to fill the space around it (look like it's extending, but no way to see polyps yet.
Not sure what food to suggest to make it come out :) (just not enough info about)

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, acclimation is an important thing. Give her time but remember, once acclimated, it is a hardy coral requiring good flow and light above 150 PAR. I never fed mine because it is an opportunistic and active feeder. Frozen food, Brine Shrimp, small pellets, etc will all be readily consumed.

OP
OP
SHNICI

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, acclimation is an important thing. Give her time but remember, once acclimated, it is a hardy coral requiring good flow and light above 150 PAR. I never fed mine because it is an opportunistic and active feeder. Frozen food, Brine Shrimp, small pellets, etc will all be readily consumed.
I just target feed it to teez it, just to feel the food (after I stop the pumps/water flow to be in the cloud for longer), after few minute all back on. Will see, tomorrow, day after, if it keep peeling probably small frag will survive and I'll start from there. Will be not my 1st time rescuing something from there, but its friend, and often his mistakes are in my system. Already got 4 Fungias disk plates you know, all was almost dead, 2 recover and are just wonderful xD. With that Coral I got and 2 bird nest, which was almost completed (peeled off all the tissue and almost all of the polyps) but will see, they settle now on the bottom with less flow and light, probably will get some bits to make 1-2 frags and will start it from there. Isn't because of the money to buy ready and in good condition, I do see my self like someone who love to help, and is getting the almost impossible jobs to do , but at the end of the day, that make me happy.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back