Coral id please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Twoddler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Twoddler

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2020
Messages
431
Reaction score
746
Location
Accrington
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all and merry xmas.
I was given this coral, not sure what it is, I know there's a bit ok Kenya tree in it which I'll remove.
Can someone tell me what it is please, thankyou

20201224_173009.jpg
 
Hi all and merry xmas.
I was given this coral, not sure what it is, I know there's a bit ok Kenya tree in it which I'll remove.
Can someone tell me what it is please, thankyou

20201224_173009.jpg
Looks like Seriatopora Hystrix - Birdsnest.
 
Looks like a birds nest
 
Also looks like it is dead in a many areas. May want to trim/frag it a bit so algae does not take hold. These guys can do pretty well in most tanks. Lots of light and good flow. Steady parameters too.
 
Thanks for the replys, it was nt looking great when I got it, it was free, most of it was bleached.
Over the last couple of weeks it's starting to gain colour, so I,very just left it were it is, see what happens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new